Kowa 6?

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my Yashica TLR took a huge crap a while ago and, while I was licking my wounds from it, I stumbled across the Kowa/SIX system on eBay. Looked like a slick camera. With interest I did a little recon on them and was only able to find a brief mention of them here in TPF. A few questions:

-Anyone here a regular Kowa user? Why or why not?
-Are lenses and parts pretty widely available?
-Are they reliable?
-Do they offer interchangeable backs with dark slides?

Prices seem to run a wide gamut. Are they worth me looking into or should I hold out for a Bronica or Mamya? Thanks in advance.

Neal, the Kowa Six is a user camera but it's not as sturdy and well developed than, say, a Bronica. I would look into one of the Bronicas, they're a good deal on Ebay. A colleague of mine got an ETRS for about $150 and he loves it.

I had a kowa 6 in the early seventies bought it brand new. I wanted a leaf shutter so I passed on a hassleblad and went to the Kowa. It was heavy. the shutter return would shake the whole camera and a fairly sturdy tripod as well..(okay exageration) but it did sound like a 12 guage in the back of a church during the ceremoney.

I went to buy a wide angle lens and was told to bring the deed to my house. Now all the lens things means today is there arent going to be a lot of differnt lenes to choose from but such is the case with most med format cameras.

I'm down with the others I'd stay away from the kowa.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back