KP Discontinued

I totally love the thing- have two of them. It's a very capable, compact dslr, and I hate to see them abandon that segment (apparently). The K-70 (which I also have) just doesn't have the cool factor or the feel and features of the KP, and the new K-3iii HAS NO TILT SCREEN :confusion:

I went from a K30 (focus drive motor went out) to a K3II. As for camera, I really liked the K30, it was also a capable, compact DSLR, but when I jumped to the K3II, I learned what capable really was. When I added the K1MII, my intent was to sell the K3II, but still have, still use it.

The flip screen I'm ambivalent on, yes I use it when I have it, but don't miss it when I don't.

Except for the buffer and decreased battery size, the KP is pretty equal to a K-3ii in features and specs, and I don't miss the top LCD panel enough to haul out the old k-3 very often, for sure. One day, I'll acquire a 2nd hand K-1, as I have plenty of FF glass in K-mount- I am certain that I'll love it. But I prefer to travel light most of the time and the KP makes that happen.

Yes, I love the KP. I miss the second card slot sometimes. It was handy having one card saving raw images.

Reactions: pez
I love the look of them.

I've owned a string of Pentax models over the years. Every now then someone might comment "nice camera", but the only one that seemed to gather admirers when out and about was the K30. Pentax came out with a variety of colors. I have the Silky Red (center bottom), really shines in the sun.
k30_colors_logo.jpeg

Reactions: pez
I've owned a string of Pentax models over the years. Every now then someone might comment "nice camera", but the only one that seemed to gather admirers when out and about was the K30. Pentax came out with a variety of colors. I have the Silky Red (center bottom), really shines in the sun.
View attachment 204911

That green one is cool as heck.

View attachment 204911

That green one is cool as heck.
Not the same green at all, but here's my K-S2 with an excellent old Pentax F 35-70 (that I found for almost nothing).

Most reactions

Back