Kudos!

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did two practice photo shoots with friends and their families this weekend. I don't plan on going pro, but I love to shoot people and really want the practice. These of course are no charge, no promise shoots.

Anyways...IT WAS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!! Chasing 2 year olds? Getting a good shot of a camera shy 4 year old and a 3 year old who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Trying to capture the specialness of each child. My thighs ache, my head throbs, my eyes are heavy.

So kudos to all you who do this daily!

these were practice so I learned a few lessons
1) you control the shoot, where and when
2) if the lighting is bad, put your camera away and find a new place, it isn't worth it to try and fudge it
3) you don't need 10 photos of the same thing
4) tell parents not to talk so much
5) use equipment you are used to
6) if you are doing it for free, once a week is PLENTY
7) some children are dayglow white...must be careful
8) I am way harder on myself then anyone else is

some children are dayglow white...must be careful

I have one of these! Any direct sun on him and he's likely to blind you (as well as ruin the photo). :wink:

Sounds like you learned a lot - how did they turn out?

LOL yeah. See the experience is good cause I didnt know that would happen...crazy stuff

Yesterday I got a few good shots...I wish I got more but i am feeling super critical. In a few days I will be able to judge it better. There were a TON OF PEOPLE at the park my friends chose and very little shade, trees, etc. It was not the best place. But as the sun started to go down, I got alot better shots.

Today...well I will reshoot them. The kids really werent into the idea at all and I just was so tired from last night I couldnt really get in there and get the better shots. After 30 minutes, the kids were totally over it. So I think I am going to ask them if they want to reshoot...
bring candy :)
when they are in a better mood
and even bring my kids to put them at ease
use a smaller lens, they were afraid of the big one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back