Kuhl's Flying Gecko

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kuhl's flying gecko, Ptychozoon kuhli. This awesome gecko decided to meet me by dropping/gliding down from nowhere and landed on a tree trunk right in front of me, below knee level. I was checking out the tree for bugs at that time! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my tripod so only high ISO shot here.

IMG_3236 copy by Kurt / Hock Ping GUEK (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

IMG_3195 copy by Kurt / Hock Ping GUEK (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

flying gecko R0019643 copy by Kurt / Hock Ping GUEK (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

R0019642 copy by Kurt / Hock Ping GUEK (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

R0019639 copy by Kurt / Hock Ping GUEK (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

I've never before heard of the existence of a flying gecko. Very interesting. This one seems to be friendly since he allowed you to hold him in your hand. If I saw this guy I wouldn't get near him, much less touch him.

I second blackjack's thoughts; never knew they existed, but if I ran into one, I would be afraid to touch them... Anyway, cool find!

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Call me crazy but I don't think there are any poisonous / flesh eating geckos in the wild, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. Then again I didn't know there was a flying gecko either. ;)

That's it, Kurt, I seriously would love to come to Malaysia and hang out with you. It would totally be like hanging with the Steve Irwin of photography!

Thanks, everyone. Lucky me. I was done photographing this rare beauty then I thought why not try to pick it up. To my surprise, it didn't struggle much. So i took out my point and shoot and took a few more pix :)

Wow, how cool! It's one of those creatures that seem so alien, it's hard to believe that is here, on OUR "rock" whirling around in space. Such a cool creature, and it was very generous of it to share the time with you. So very cool, I love it. I wish I had made it over to Malaysia while I was so close. . . maybe next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back