L Bracket for D500 with MB-D17 grip

Someplace in a junk box I have an L bracket from probably 50 years ago that I'd like to give away if I could find someone I dislike enough.
Thanks, but I hope you don't dislike me. I'm sure it wouldn't fit my camera.

Thanks, but I hope you don't dislike me. I'm sure it wouldn't fit my camera.
LOL. Of course not - just expressing my opinion of L brackets.

Why do you dislike L brackets?
When mounting the camera, or a lens with no rotating tripod mount, I prefer a ball head for verticals so a bracket would be redundant.

… so a bracket would be redundant.

Not at all!

When all adjustments are done and ready to shoot an
horizontal frame, the L bracket will allow a vertical fra-
me to fit right in without any further fiddling.

They are a great bump and scratches protection.

Not at all!

When all adjustments are done and ready to shoot an
horizontal frame, the L bracket will allow a vertical fra-
me to fit right in without any further fiddling.

They are a great bump and scratches protection.
I'm sure they work well for those who have a use for them..

The use I have for an L bracket is on a tripod, I can quickly go from landscape to portrait without having to move the tripod over then raise of lower the head. On a rolling stand, it's super quick and I don't lose the raport with the subject screwing with a tripod.

The use I have for an L bracket is on a tripod, I can quickly go from landscape to portrait without having to move the tripod over then raise of lower the head. On a rolling stand, it's super quick and I don't lose the rapport with the subject screwing with a tripod.
Though not for portraiture, that's pretty much why I bought mine. I soon found out, however, that almost every time I switched orientation I was recomposing anyway - moving the tripod in or out or to one side or the other to suit the new composition - so didn't see an advantage. Whatever works, I say!

For portraiture, particularly in studio where the light has been precisely placed, I don't want the subject moving much, so keeping the lens in nearly the same location going from portrait to landscape saves time and less fussing during which can lose subject rapport. If I am shooting square format, it's irrelevant.

After much thought (probably more than needed), I just now ordered the Kirk L bracket.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back