La Rose Croix

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
bubble-on-rose.1.jpg

hmmmm.....I can't make up my mind on this one, Tobes. I love the B&W and think it suits this image well. My main trouble is the subject of focus, although I get that this was deliberate. What's the round thing on the rose....? I can't tell....

Actually, after studying it more, it's growing on me. I like it. It's different and it's breaking the rule of "always have the subject's eyes in focus", but there's a special reason here. So - thumbs up. :thumbsup:

What's the round thing on the rose....? I can't tell....

it's a soap bubble that landed on the rose as i was doing her portrait. it was outdoors, my daughter was blowing bubbles nearby to keep herself occupied. i really wish i had stopped down to increase dof to get the eyes and the bubble, but was not quick enough. what i thought was kinda cool is the reflection of my home-made diffusion screen on the surface of the bubble...

btw- it was a pregnant-momma portrait shoot- she's due in about 5 weeks.

WAIT!!! Is this your wife...? It's obvious that she's pregnant, which is what I meant when I said you had a "special reason" for focusing in on hands, rose and tummy - but is this lil bundle of joy for you?

I wanna know if you've been holding out on us.... 8)

I really like this shot Tobes...nothing more beautiful then a happy relaxed pregnant woman.
Can bet that she loves it too !
I was wondering what the circular object was too lol .... it looked to me like a , hmmm whatchya-ma-callit ..... a bifocal lens ?
But its a bubble ! What a great capture ! :sillysmi:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back