Ladybug from today

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Temp wasn't to bad out today, so took a short trip outside.

IMGP2505.jpg

Your DOF just missed the ladybug, but instead got the front of the surface.

the DOF just starts to get lost toward the back of the bug but i'm just being over analytical because of these comments, i wouldn't have noticed so much otherwise, i was too engrosed in the crisp, shiny waterdrops! Lovely!

I disagree. The surface in front of the bug as well as the bug are in focus. Look at the water drops on the back of the beetle.

I guess the foreground fools the eye.

I agree, but the pic is strong enough and those waterdrops are so great, I really couldn't care less!! Great shot!!

Thanks for the comments. I think the DOF issue is actually a bit of an illusion. It looks like I shot from close to face on, but I actually was at more of an angle that is appears, therefore it looks like I missed focus, but for the most part, the top if the bug is in focus. I think if you could see through it, it's bottom & feet would be OOF. Wasn't planned this way, just lucky mostly. :lmao:

I like it. The DOF is very thin but it works and the focus is where it should be: On the face of the bug.

I think it needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise though... even if it was walking sideways on a wall. My first impulse when viewing your photo was to tilt my head.

Reznap - Thanks for the comment. I was thinking the same thing about rotating it, but ended up leaving it.

Most reactions

Back