LaFoto and the birds - Last part: Mr or Mrs Greenfinch

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With all my moaning about how the birds usually fly away from me when I want to go out and take their photo, how come I could take this frame-filling (and not cropped in any way!!!) photo of ... a dangerous bird of prey???

grnfink1.jpg

Ah. No worries. This is Mr or Mrs Greenfinch.
And it seems like he or she had a bit of an accident.
Last week on Saturday, Andreas, my husband, suddenly called "Look who I have found, better me than Mia , don't you think?" and he was carrying ...

grnfink2.jpg

... Mr or Mrs Greenfinch in his hand, who he could pick up from the ground of our verandah "just so" ... seems like he/she had taken a wrong turn and hit the window pane and was mildly concussed and a bit dazed and disoriented.

At first, Andreas thought he'd need to hold him IN his hands, not tightly, but "hold", but as he opened his hands more and more, Mr or Mrs Greenfinch would still not fly away - at first. Until he/she regained his/her senses and went back out into the big wide world. But not until I could even try my macro function lens on him/her!

Enjoy, like I enjoyed taking this series (and none of these is cropped from the original in any way).

grnfink3.jpg

grnfink4.jpg

grnfink5.jpg

grnfink6.jpg

grnfink7.jpg

End of saga.
LaFoto is happy now - framed-filling bird photos achieved :goodvibe: :cheer: :boogie:

A full frame green bird. You must have been in heaven!

Ooh very nice! The last is my absolute favorite!

Thanks all. The experience was unique. Poor birdie was kind of wrong for a while, we don't really know why.
I had him sit on my finger for a brief moment, too, but then could not take any photos :)er: ) ... so we had him hop back onto Andreas's hand and he did all that, too.

But we could see him get more and more alert, looking here, looking there, and suddenly - swirl - he was up and away into the apple tree :D.

Yes, alexecho: LaFoto, greenfinch, and the frame filled => photo heaven :D!

Nice ending.

aww :)

nice ... and nice close ups. 6 and 7 are my favourite. with 6 suffering a bit from the shallow DOF though.

Most reactions

Back