Laguna Seca, American Lemans, Muscle Milk.

Nice series from preparation to race track, I recognized the corkscrew from playing Gran Turismo. It has always seemed like it would be a good track for shooting at, not having all the concrete walls and fences like most. Thanks for sharing these

I like the shots overall. Did you shoot raw? If so, you might try bumping those blacks up a little so you can see some definition in the wheels and stuff. I know black and white is hard to nail in bright sunlight. In the future, i'd also drop your shutter speed down more and see if you get some smoother panning.

yeah it was raw. also, as you can see, direct sun ): some of the shots had a slower shutter speed, but the car itself was not sharp, so this was the more desirable image. ill try to mess with raw file... and produce another image

Yeah, panning at slow speed can be tough, but the results when you nail it, are pretty sweet. The technique I use is to start panning way before you're set to press the shutter and follow through even after you've taken your shot, like a golf swing or something. Also, swivel at the waist, not with your arms.

This was shot at 1/40 a few years back
Hunter-Reay | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

^ and thats a nice shot bhop

Most reactions

Back