Lake and Sky

WDodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All thoughts, good, bad, or otherwise, welcome and appreciated.

mg1243ne2.jpg

The sky is great!! Beautiful cotton ball clouds make it work...

Seems as though the trees are to dark, no detail, and there is way to much water in my opinion and not enough foreground subject...try getting over to those little islands on the right and use those for a subject...

good luck

I agree with Garrentee. The sky is really well exposed but the sea and rocks are too dark. you could try and use a graduated filter on the sky so that you could use a longer exposure and try and get a balance between the sky and the sea.

Or else try and over expose the sky a little bit, so that the foreground will lighten, then apply a gradient in PS to bring back the nice blue of the sky.

Composure looks good though, nice work there :)

Hmm... I'd go for some photoshop work on the sky to and water to lighten is and leave the trees dark to act as a contrast.

Or... Lighten all the sky and the water in the foreground along with the island. And let it get progressively darker towards the trees. So it looks like some scary wood off in the distance.

Both would look better in B&W for me as well. The colours aren't vivid enough to pull off colour.

I think a GND would've helped with the trees I didn't really like how dark they were. But I thought it served as a nice break between the blue of the water and the blue of the sky.

I was testing out my new Polarizer.

I think the patterns in the water could have made an interesting enough foreground, but I'd try to stay way from the 50-50 composition. The shoreline running through the center of the shot detracts from it (IMOOC).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back