lake at sunrise

eggy900

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.egnerphotography.co.uk
lake%20edit1.jpg

It is very difficult to critique a picture that is that small, most espicially for us older people. Seems to be a major complaint with me lately. looks like a nice picture, but who knows?

Ah thank you so much better :)

Good composition
That is one tricky exposure. If it were me, I would bracket like crazy on this type of exposure.

There is a way in photoshop to mix two exposures in order to get a balance between two different light levels, others could fill you in, I don't know how to do it yet.

Other than photoshop, depending on what you find the most interesting the land or the sky the picture would look better either darkend to highlight the clouds or lighter to show the land,
I do not think it is a picture where you can have it both ways. Personally I would underexpose more and have the land as a darker silhouet. Just my $0.02 worth, I am sure others will disagree.

the sky looks a bit soft... as if you were holding the camera in your hand... i'm thinking that you should have used a tripod, but otherwise, i like the idea behind it...

I would like it more if the lower 1/2 of the lake was eliminated and the under-exposed portion was PhotoShopped to add some detail where there is currently very little or none.

i am afraid i am not seeing anything at all even if i follow the link!

Most reactions

Back