Lake Prashar Mandi Himachal Pradesh India

Jasii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A swollen knee had me down for some time, I had promised myself a nice long drive and with all you swell friends wishing me a speedy recovery. Recover I did for sure and mighty fast at that. My good friend and school mate of yore "Abha Murgai" echoed the right words when she wrote: "The mountains are calling" I let the wheels turns and headed for a small jewel in district Mandi called 'Prashar' for a date of a lifetime. The hidden beauty is some 60Km from Mandi, 180 km from Dharamsala and goes through– Bajaura (Kullu) (via Kataula) route Runjh, Katindhi, Kamand, Kataula, Shagli and Baggi villages. The road is good till Baggi where the tarmac disappears and gives way to a dirt track. Someone, somewhere believed that the beauty of the Hills shouldn’t be paved over and this was amply compensated by the beautiful vista's. I’m loving the colours of nature right now especially, the colour co-ordinated landscapes. Can a drive take your breath away? This one did it admirably.

The nip in the air is a gentle reminder that winter's are just around the corner and this is the last taste of autumn. We have gone from succulent harvest time through to knocking on the door of winter by noticing the turning of the leaves and the shadows of the weak sun. Surrounded by the earth colours of nature and witnessing a gorgeous sunset I drive the last few kms in total darkness to reach my destination by half six.
The sun set-6997 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Dinner is Dal Chawal ( Rice and dal) and the only time this simple fare tasted better was many moons ago during "Shahad Chand" after marriage :D. Sleep comes easy after the long tiring journey

It was a picture of loveliness in the morning, replete with joy and all things magical and pristine, exactly the way a morning in the hills is. I was up at 6, the tired limbs of yester-night appeared well oiled and raring to go, leaving the confines of the rest house, I trudged uphill to keep my rendezvous with the still sleeping ancient Prashar lake before the sun woke her with his golden quivers. Looking downhill saw the rest house and it looked abso lovely. Who would not love to live here? Made this pic and will let you be the judge
Who would not like to live here-3592 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Trudging up the small hill was in time to witness this. Looks ethereal isn't it? The temple in the center, wisps of smoke from the quaint chimney's mark the beginning of another day, straight out of a Gothic folklore I'd say. Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs So true Ahhhhh!!!
A little gem called Prashar-3623 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

The temple was built in the 13th century and is dedicated to sage Prashar, the 3 story Pagoda like structure with it's unique & intrinsic style is rather interesting, so is the reddish autumn hue of the grass and the small floating island. The sun takes it's first peek and is rather happy to see this Sardaar make this shot.
A little gem called Prashar ii-3597 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Here's another one to complete my rendezvous with the lake of my dreams again, uncomplicated, uninhibited and free. I lie down on the soft grass, close my eyes and let my thoughts wander into a dream as I hear Dolly Parton playing on the pod: I Can’t Stop Loving You..........
Prashar: An early Nov dawn by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Time to bid adieu and head back, this cascading brook as I head back, made for another lovely pitstop. Yeah ! I know the trip was short and I did drive close to 400 kms, the results as always was rewarding, the beautiful Dholadhars have never failed me and this new facet of them made me inhale a huge dose of solitude and beauty that would last a life time.

Cheers to all my friends here. As always will wait for your opinions eagerly. Adios........
The ethreal cascade-3649 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Like the first two Jasii, especially the beautiful colors in the sunset. I think your horizon needs straightened just a little in the second, but a beautiful view. I certainly wouldn't complain.

Very Nice.India sure is beautiful.

Like the first two Jasii, especially the beautiful colors in the sunset. I think your horizon needs straightened just a little in the second, but a beautiful view. I certainly wouldn't complain.
Look at the building and the vertical posts Shiela, they look pretty straight, If I had tinkered with the horizon, the building would have tilted.

Terrific shots well composed. Thanks for sharing.

Go
Look at the building and the vertical posts Shiela, they look pretty straight, If I had tinkered with the horizon, the building would have tilted.
Gotcha. :)

Very Nice.India sure is beautiful.
Yep! You are so right. India is magnificent with some lovely vista's and so much variety. The north is so so photogenic and the south is no less and the north east is unexplored and the west has some Yum Desert landscapes. You could not ask for more. Thank you so much for appreciating. I take this opportunity of inviting you to our lovely country. It'd be a pleasure to host you. :)
Cheers

Beautiful topography you have there!
Ditto that completely, next time would like to be there for a longer period of time and see how the same shots would look as the sun is setting and some snow around will not hurt. :)
The night sky is fantabulous and would make a great venue for some Astro.
Thank you so much.
Rgds,

Most reactions

Back