Lake Superior - Brighton Beach

thomps6s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first post here on this site.
Here are a couple recent shots from Brighton Beach on Lake Superior.
All C&C welcome and anticipated.

BLEND19forPrint.jpg

Bright2.jpg

Wow, great colors. I like them both, but #1 is my favorite.

Thanks, I agree with you. I just had the 1st one printed on kodak metallic paper @ mpix.com. The highlights really pop. That was the first pic I ever had professionally printed.

#2 is much better becuase of the color. the first one looks cold and dead, while the 2nd is warm and inviting.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I want to start shooting these landscapes in two shots and stitching them. One exposure for the foreground and one for the sky. Any ideas where the prime metering spots would be for the foreground and sky?

I quite like the first and don't find it uninviting at all. It is unusual. And I appreciate that aspect. The flecks of pink on the clouds and the rocks are quite something else. How much of that is PS work?

LaFoto said:
I quite like the first and don't find it uninviting at all. It is unusual. And I appreciate that aspect. The flecks of pink on the clouds and the rocks are quite something else. How much of that is PS work?

Thanks for commenting. I adjusted for the sky in RAW and adjusted for the foreground in Raw as well. Then I stitched the two together manually. Other than that I sharpened the pic a bit.

Most reactions

Back