Lake Tower

I'd be interested to see this with a neutral density filter and a long exposure, or at least on a day with a clear sky. In a black and white photo, the textures really stand out and to me the water is rough, the hills are rough, and the sky is rough. A smooth sky and lake would make the tower and hills stand out a lot more.

I think the b&w did the photo justice. I like it a lot.

Man, I'm looking at ND filters as we speak! Watched a couple videos and I think I HAVE to have one or two!!

Man, I'm looking at ND filters as we speak! Watched a couple videos and I think I HAVE to have one or two!!

It'll start at one or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you do. You do know there's a simple acid test for determining whether or not you need a particular piece of gear, right?

Do you have it? No? Well then clearly you need it. Do you have it? Yes? How many? Only one? Clearly you need a second as a back-up; not having a spare is almost as foolish as not having one to begin with!

Hey! If I can help someone live vicariously through my purchases, I'm more than happy to help!!! :mrgreen:

Hey! If I can help someone live vicariously through my purchases, I'm more than happy to help!!! :mrgreen:

I vote Lee 100mm system. Go go go!!!

Now slow down there!! I'm just a babe-in-the-woods here! I heard one guy say go fixed, because you'll be constantly having to remove the ND for adjustments and all. But can't you just dial down a variable to zero for your other adjustments, then dial it back up, without having to remove it? Of course, I see the variable's are a good bit more expensive too! What are the costs for fixed ND "holders"? Thanks!

Now slow down there!! I'm just a babe-in-the-woods here! I heard one guy say go fixed, because you'll be constantly having to remove the ND for adjustments and all. But can't you just dial down a variable to zero for your other adjustments, then dial it back up, without having to remove it? Of course, I see the variable's are a good bit more expensive too! What are the costs for fixed ND "holders"? Thanks!

The square and rectangular filters offer so much more flexibility. I'm sure a variable ND is convenient, but I also wanted the ability to use it in conjunction with graduated neutral density filters. I made a thread all about plate filters. You can search my recent started threads, but I can link you to it tomorrow if I remember.

Jake

Oh! I must have seen it already, because I had already "Liked" it LOL!! I remember now, it is what sparked my interest. Damn you!!!!!!!!!!

So, just for fun here, say I just wanted a basic setup to get started. Could I get away with getting a............. Lee Big Stopper 10-stop ND Glass 100x100mm.......... a Lee filter holder............... and a Lee 82mm adapter ring, because I'll be using my Canon 24-70 II? Is this enough to get started, and a viable setup? What would I want to add at a later time?

Easily. Then you could add a little stopper, maybe a 0.9 or 1.2ND(3 and 4 stops, respectively), a set of graduated ND's(soft), then a hard set, then a reverse GND, then the possibilities are endless!

Just do it. If you like landscapes, you'll love the filters.

And I apologize for sparking your interest... [emoji12][emoji106]

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back