Lake Tree

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a photo I took out at our lake house. I like the outcome but I don't know if there is anything else I should do to make it look better.
untitled2.jpg

Thanks...
Here is the original if that can help see anything that needs fixing.
17.jpg

(Didn't go in and edit so theres some fibers and stuff there)

And I took the photo on my Canon Elan 7ne w/400 film.

which version do you prefer...color/duotone-b&w? i would decide which pleases you and focus on that one to tweak. IMO the image is not interesting, the composition is ok but my eyes are all over the place, landing occasionally on the ivy, but not for long. the duotone version is a bit more interesting. while comp remains, the hint of IR mingled with the duotone look intrigues me. i would work on this one and bump the contrast a little to help it pop!

JonMikal said:
which version do you prefer...color/duotone-b&w? i would decide which pleases you and focus on that one to tweak. IMO the image is not interesting, the composition is ok but my eyes are all over the place, landing occasionally on the ivy, but not for long. the duotone version is a bit more interesting. while comp remains, the hint of IR mingled with the duotone look intrigues me. i would work on this one and bump the contrast a little to help it pop!

I prefer the duotone one but as for getting better at taking better photographs I would rather focus on the color version for getting advice, since that is the unphotoshoped version.. Don't know why I didn't post it in the first place.

I'll try those things you said.

vonDrehle said:
I prefer the duotone one but as for getting better at taking better photographs I would rather focus on the color version for getting advice, since that is the unphotoshoped version.. Don't know why I didn't post it in the first place.

i agree that should have been your submited version, but now that you've included the color version with some explanation i'm sure others will focus on it from here on out.

Most reactions

Back