lake

Marsha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.route7studio.com
not sure if i like color better or not... here's some pics from Cultas Lake BC.

beach_0027_46Wbw.jpg

beach_0027_46W.jpg

beach_0029_46W.jpg

The first two don't do a whole lot for me, but I like the third. The angle of the dock in the foreground really compliments the angles of the shadows on the wanter and shape of the shore. Does seem like the horizon is just a little slanted though.

I prefer the 3rd as well, it feels more zero'd in and it's a little more effective in B&W, although the colors are rather pleasant and relaxing in the color version. This looks like a lovely place to shoot.

I also like the third one best. It's true the colors have a nice feel. I'd be interested in seeing the third ones in color.

I too like the b/w better but I'm going to have to go with duck on this one and tell you that I personally like the 1st one better !

btw where is cultas lake? the name sounds so familiar ... I'm sure I've been there :scratch:

Cultas Lake is in the Fraser Valley BC. It's a very deep and cold, mountain lake but everyone in the valley goes to the beach here. It's just over an hour from Vancouver, and about 5 minutes from Chilliwack, where I live.

I really like the third. I think you need to play with it some more with color and in B&W. with color, I would desaturate it a little (not too much). The sky in the color looks a little blown out in the upper left. In B&W, I would add some contrast and maybe burn the sky a bit for more drama.

That's my 2 cents. :)

Like the 3rd one in B&W. Have to agree with Chase on the horizon. Love to see more contrast! Nice work! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back