lakeside for critique

scooter2044

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first one was taken around mid-day, right ? I don't think there's anything you can do about lighting there. You could try a localized adjustment but I think it would look fake unless you have serious editing skills and time.. What software are you using for post processing, and also, do you shoot RAW or Jpeg?

I think the second one could gain a lot by boosting the contrast between the path and the foliage. It's my favourite of the set.

The first one was taken around mid-day, right ? I don't think there's anything you can do about lighting there. You could try a localized adjustment but I think it would look fake unless you have serious editing skills and time.. What software are you using for post processing, and also, do you shoot RAW or Jpeg?

I think the second one could gain a lot by boosting the contrast between the path and the foliage. It's my favourite of the set.
I only have Photoshop Elements and I am limited on what I know how to do. I wish I could get a better contrast on the second one without blowing out any more highlights. You're welcome to try. I love to see high contrast b/w. So far mine havn't no matter what I do with them.

First is nice but tough edit because of sun angle.

boys-ll.jpg

First is nice but tough edit because of sun angle.

View attachment 101913
Yeah, it was mid-day, again... Everything I tried just made it look more unnatural. I need to get a tripod so I can shoot later into the evening hours. I can't keep still long enough to get enough light in the photos. How do you get so much contrast in your black and white shots? They seem to almost come to life. I always end up clipping my highlights if I use too much contrast. Are there different ways to convert to b/w. I just turn the saturation all the way down and then play with the rest of the settings.

Most reactions

Back