Lakeside shot

amoki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't really have any object of focus in this shot... well, maybe just the lake's concrete thingy. Anyway, it's a shot of oppurtunity that was too good to let go. Still using my CLIE's PDA Camera.

dsc00699.jpg

Again, proudly made in New Zealand :)

You're right: a boat or something to catch the eye on the water would have been good.
What happened to the sky? Why its reflection on the water (giving it the intense blue) is very nice, all the other colours are quite flat and the sky's quite washed out in many places. Is this photo right from the camera or did you apply some changes to it in a post process?

Two points spring to my mind.

1 - what happened to the sky? It looks a really bizarre shade of cyan on my screen

2 - I think it would have been better to frame to the right slightly, if the people in the bacground are on the same path that you can see in the foreground, bringing the path into the shot would give more connection between the foreground and the background.

You might want to go for it and buy a camera. I think you'll only get pictures up to a certain quality due to the nature of shooting with a PDA... I've been pretty impressed with what you are getting out of it but if you want to take good pictures you'll need something with a better lens, higher resolution, etc.

No, the picture is not edited with any type of programme at all. The "White Autobalance" in my camera sucks big time. There are material around, but my camera just ain't good enough.

Maybe it's about time I get a Powershot G6 :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back