Lakeside

skylark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

OK it's twee and predictable - but I think it's pleasant enough. Your views ?

Taken with a vivitar sub £100 p and S dig

It looks nice and calm, albeit a little on the plain side. You might could up the saturation just a bit to make it 'pop' just a little. Also, it looks like it's tilted a little - the house/building is leaning to the right it appears.

I wouldn't mind hanging out in a place like that for a while..looks secluded. :)

Thanks for the comment - it's the perspective that gives the tilt , I hadn't spotted it so thanks.

As for secluded - 200 yards to the left behind an earth bank is one of the main roads from London to the north of England (A1) !!! Good job photos have no sound :)

Maybe up the contrast just a little bit?

Slightly different crop to allow for the reorientation. Contrast and saturation increased.
Any views on the changes ?

Thanks for comments

Much better.

I might take out the power lines if I were feeling really ambitious, but that's just a personal preference - I have a thing about wires.

Much better.

I might take out the power lines if I were feeling really ambitious, but that's just a personal preference

Thanks , as for the wires I'm afraid I am a bit of a 'photo - verite' man; the image should show what is in the viewfinder when you release the shutter :)

That's cool - like I said, personal preference. And I've got that wierd wire peeve going on. :confused:

I like the original look also, but I'm trying to increase my tonemapping/ photoshopping skills at the moment.

So here's a wild little edit I came up with:

ye42.jpg

I like the original look also, but I'm trying to increase my tonemapping/ photoshopping skills at the moment.

So here's a wild little edit I came up with:

ye42.jpg

If it were a film print I'd say it was old Velvia - and that's a pretty high compliment from a film user :mrgreen:

I see you took those power cables out too...

This was a potentially great pic to start with as you can see but IMHO this latest pic is great, colour and detail are superb.. well done.

Love to know how you created it.

The wires would be easy enough to clone out due to the positioning of the pole in the tree and the wires in the sky.

If you took that "wild little edit" and did a sepia or B&W and cropped in a little tighter to get rid of some of the busy-ness on the left. Maybe even flip it over to make the reflection the real sky and have the reflection (which used to be the real sky) that much larger....

Maybe change it to a portrait using the right side mostly...

Just thinking out loud...

Oh, yea, and clone out the pole if you're going to get rid of the wires.

Most reactions

Back