Landscape in New Zealand

BrieKayee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo I took at my uncle's place in New Zealand. Beautiful view of the sea and pine forest :)

Attachments

• $CIMG4997.jpg
    $CIMG4997.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
It IS a beautiful location.

The basic problem with this sort of shot is -- too much air! Painting it's hard, and so is photographing it. You wind up with this softening haze that gets thicker an thicker as you get further and further out.

.. It's very beautiful place. What your camera for photo this picture DSLR or Digital ?

.. It's very beautiful place. What your camera for photo this picture DSLR or Digital ?

I used my point and shoot Olympus camera for this photo

Nice view. Would like to see more of the shoreline.

Getting amazing results when shooting things that are FAR AWAY is really difficult. You've got lots of things going on in the air (heat/humidity) that mess with the light. The result is often a flat image lacking contrast and detail, as evidenced here.

A UV haze filter can help (that's going to be something you'd use with DSLR lenses). You also haven't retained a lot of detail in the sky. You could try your hand at HDR, or use a polarizing filter and/or ND grad filter to help capture the full dynamic range properly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back