Landscape lens

I will definitely make plans to try stitching some panos together. However, after reading some reviews I just bought the Canon 10-18 and also 50mm 1.8 refurbished to play with. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

Ok. Should be in Grand Canyon right now, but Covid happened. I have not used the 10-18mm yet. Wait, I did use it in the house and it was neat to get a whole room in the picture. The 50mm 1.8 I really like! I was able to get indoor shots of my black cat against a dark green couch on a cloudy day. She is usually a dark blur. It was a little blurry so I need practice. But the following were hand held. Nothing special but I see the possibilities with this lens! These all looked better on my monitor before they were airdropped to my phone, sent through email to resize and then copy and paste x 2 before they show up here!

#1. This room was quite dark. One of our 2 orange cats.

upload_2020-4-11_11-7-13.jpeg

#2. I needed a little wider aperature I think.
upload_2020-4-11_11-8-18.jpeg

#3.

upload_2020-4-11_11-9-16.jpeg

#4.

upload_2020-4-11_11-9-51.jpeg

I hesitate to spend a ton on lenses.

Have fun with the new lenses. Glass is a better investment than a body and makes a bigger difference in image quality. As you acquire additional lenses keep in mind that an EF can be used on a full frame or adapted to a mirrorless should you go that route at some point but your 80D will be a fine camera for years to come.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back