Landscape NSFW

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Consider this a work in progress. I like the idea, but since it was put together from two nonrelated photos, it didn't work as well as I wanted.

3350886330_735f78cea8_o.jpg

We all learn from our failures.

Ahh, that takes me back... Remember that picture that guy posted of the "club shot" that he tried to pass off... That one was a hoot...

If you take a look at RMThompson's site I think you'll notice that he is head and shoulders above that other fella.

As a work in progress I like this idea. Perhaps if the bodyscape was smaller or lower so as to simulate a shoreline it would be more natural?

Oh, don't get me wrong.. I wasn't going after the OP.. I was speaking only to the attempt here.. We actually had one guy try to get critique on a pic that he claimed that the just happened across and had forgotten about... It was the silliest pic of all time.... The girl's face looked concave... I don't know what the heck he did to it, but Oy Vey!! And if you go straight down from the sun and to the left, the back us unnaturally pushed down, probably with the transform tool, to reveal the ocean, creating a void in the model's side... It's just a bad job, but that's THIS case-not the OP as a whole...

In this pic, the sun, I think, is projected well onto the model's back, but the right butt cheek just doesn't look natural or at the right angle..

Bottom line, if we're being honest-there is no normal, healthy person in the world that can bend like that-that's not a normal curvature of a human back.

Bjork, thanks for coming to my defense, LOL.

And to Stsinner, here is the original picture. You can see that I did nothing to her body other than eliminate the hair from her back (some of it.)

572912597_0917a47664.jpg

And while the model is SKINNY, I also assure you she is healthy!

You can see another picture of her here:

3191465373_b5067c457f.jpg

Now, as to the original photograph, which has now been taken down, I admit it was a failure.

As Sw1tchFX pointed out, we learn from our failures.

I had a concept for a shot, and instead of trying to create it out of new pictures (which is what I SHOULD have done) I thought I had two pictures that made sense together. They didn't.

The concept was the idea of the female body resembling a landscape, but the image used wasn't the right image at all. I still think the concept may work, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to find the right image.

By the way, I do this frequently, finding images I THINK might work edited a different way. It seems as I learn more as a photographer and editor, I look back on previous shoots and wish I would've done them a different way. Sometimes we can go back to these pictures and re-edit them to create something new, but in this case, It didn't work!

:)

The concept was the idea of the female body resembling a landscape, but the image used wasn't the right image at all. I still think the concept may work, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to find the right image.

I seen the original post, as a 'concept in progress' I thought it has some potential. Something I'd like to try, but I don't see it happening for me...

The Chemehuevi Indians have a creation story that starts out something like;

All the world was an ocean. The sky was dark as were the waters. As the moon rose, Ocean Woman (who was the only one who lived at the time), lay in the sea, and she became the mountains and rivers and valleys. Her wet hair became the forests, chaparrel, and grasslands. As she became the earth, she invited Wolf and his brother Coyote to explore the new land. Wolf, who was more powerful, ran from north to south and then south to north. Coyote was to wander from east to west. It was early on when Coyote was in the east, that he fell in love with a beautiful girl. He gave her his seed, then she sent him west to find the basketmaker woman. ...

The story goes on to imply that imperfect Coyote is the father of man. Wolf makes the people smarter than Coyote (because he kind of messes things up with his curiosity, etc., so on, so forth) ...

But anyway, that's what came to my mind immediately seeing the shot. Nice start.

I seen the original post, as a 'concept in progress' I thought it has some potential. Something I'd like to try, but I don't see it happening for me...

The Chemehuevi Indians have a creation story that starts out something like;

All the world was an ocean. The sky was dark as were the waters. As the moon rose, Ocean Woman (who was the only one who lived at the time), lay in the sea, and she became the mountains and rivers and valleys. Her wet hair became the forests, chaparrel, and grasslands. As she became the earth, she invited Wolf and his brother Coyote to explore the new land. Wolf, who was more powerful, ran from north to south and then south to north. Coyote was to wander from east to west. It was early on when Coyote was in the east, that he fell in love with a beautiful girl. He gave her his seed, then she sent him west to find the basketmaker woman. ...

The story goes on to imply that imperfect Coyote is the father of man. Wolf makes the people smarter than Coyote (because he kind of messes things up with his curiosity, etc., so on, so forth) ...

But anyway, that's what came to my mind immediately seeing the shot. Nice start.

Thanks. While I certainly had none of that in mind when I started it, I can see where there is potential for something there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back