Landscape Photography Lens?

Soooooooo. Why not get two? Pick up the 16-35 f4 VRII for about $1250 and the 20mm 1.8G for $800. For about $100 more you get two lenses and the best of both words. A wonderful wide angle for landscapes and a beast Astro lens. If I had astro shots available to me I'd jump on that 20mil. And the difference between 16 and 20 isn't sooooo bad. You can always combine two @20mil for a nice wide angle shot [emoji106][emoji106]

That's actually not a bad idea at all. How good is the 16-35 compared to the 14-24, though?

Click the link to my Flickr. You'll see a million shots with the 16-35. It's IMPRESSIVELY sharp. I absolutely love it.

The works looks great but the previews were very small. "Falling Down" on the main page looks great.

The 16-35 is fantastic between 18 and 33, but at either exterme, it has VERY pronounced barrel distortion.

The works looks great but the previews were very small. "Falling Down" on the main page looks great.

Whooops no, click the Flickr link. It's right next to the website link.

The 16-35 is fantastic between 18 and 33, but at either exterme, it has VERY pronounced barrel distortion.

Which is effortlessly fixed in Lightroom [emoji106][emoji106]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back