Landscape - RAW file

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there.

So I was wondering what do you think can be done to this RAW file to make it "nice". Was thinking HDR type of effect but I'm not Photoshop expert....and yes....this photo was taken by me (.NEF D300)

Here is the link to the file - 25MB in size:
Dropbox - _WED4980.NEF

Thanks a lot

fog.jpg

Joe

Thanks Joe. Do you think there is a chance to recover the sky?

Thanks Joe. Do you think there is a chance to recover the sky?

There is no clipping in the sky. There's nothing missing so nothing to recover.

Joe

I think this one needs a WILD artistic touch. The sky should be dynamic and the bushes should radiate vibrant green colors. I see it in my mind. ; )

Attachments

• coast photo.jpg
    coast photo.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 347
tpf.jpg

Did what I could here. Your horizon needed to be leveled quite a bit, lots of dust spots cloned out, added some dehaze (like 10%) to a few areas, some color corrections. Didn't bother with noise reduction, but it could certainly use some. Not sure what aperture you used (camera raw said f95??) but your depth of field isn't covering the background, the only thing truly in focus here is the trees in the foreground.

View attachment 123452

Did what I could here. Your horizon needed to be leveled quite a bit, lots of dust spots cloned out, added some dehaze (like 10%) to a few areas, some color corrections. Didn't bother with noise reduction, but it could certainly use some. Not sure what aperture you used (camera raw said f95??) but your depth of field isn't covering the background, the only thing truly in focus here is the trees in the foreground.

Yeah. I agree. The photo quality was not that great. If it were tack sharp the image may have been better. Also, I think the trees drew our attention away from the haze in the distance. I also altered this one using my HDR techniques just for fun.

Thought this photo needed something a little more colorful, fist retouching if you got any pointers let me know
Landscape.jpg

Clone out the dust bunnies (dark spots in the sky) on the image sensor.

In the future, when shooting long range landscape shots use of a Sky 1-A UV filter of the appropriate filter thread size on the lens helps cut through haze.

B + W 52mm Skylight 1A Multi Coated Glass Filter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back