Landscape Shots - Victorian High Country, Australia

Cheyenne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys thought I would share some photos of the Victorian High Country in Australia.

These pics were taken on a 4wdriving trip.

IMG_01681.jpg

IMG_01761.jpg

IMG_01841.jpg

IMG_03501.jpg

IMG_03541.jpg

IMG_03551.jpg

IMG_03561.jpg

IMG_03571.jpg

IMG_03611.jpg

IMG_03661.jpg

IMG_03671.jpg

IMG_03601-1.jpg

Any feedback would be much appreciated :D

I like them all, but try give them more colour, they will became more vivid. What do you think?

That must have been a very interesting trip.
Nice views - they all look decidedly "Australian" to me. (Not surprising, is it? :er: )
Well, of your selection I like #s 5 and 8 best. They have the most colour (and my most favourite) or show the action involved very well. All in all, though, these photos could be even more impressive if you worked on contrasts and colours just a bit, Matt here is right.

Thanks for the comments guys :D

These photos were taken almost a year ago on my old compact camera a Canon Powershot A70 on automatic settings.

My way of getting pics in that "colour", oldnavy, is to put them into Photoshop, desaturate them completely (so they become black and white, but the colour information is, of course, still there somewhere), play a little with contrasts by pushing the overall levels, and then go to the individual colour levels and lower the blue midtones from 1,00 to 0,90 (the pic becomes a little yellow), then up the red midtones from 1,00 to 1,10. That is all I do.
From all I know about my own Powershot (mine's the A95), though, you can also pre-set that camera to "sepia"-toning and you get this kind of photo right away. Personally I tend to find the in-camera toning devices a bit on the strong side ... I like the effect to be subtler.

nice shots, looks like beautiful country... would love to 4x4 through there... tfs! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back