Landscape

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I'm going to the Morton Arboretum park tomorrow (http://www.mortonarb.org/main.taf?p=0) to shoot some landscape. I have read a lot about landscaping but do you have some pointers from practical point of view? This is my first time shooting landscape. Should I use automatic WB or not? I'll be shooting using Nikon 18 - 50mm with D80. Thanks for your help.
Marek.

Well, why not "sun" or "clouds", whatever is the weather situation?
And even though many here say that "rules" are there "to be broken", there is this so-called "Rule of Thirds" (or "convention of thirds" or "agreement of thirds" or whatever) and I feel that in most landscape photography it definitely applies and makes for the most pleasing pictures, unless you have a reflection and go for the symmetry you could create.

Hi

I'dsugest that you shoot in RAW and take care about white balance at the post processing phase. You can try different sets or a customized one.

Also, read this thread. I found the discussion about focusing in landscapes quite interesting.

I'd second shooting in RAW.

I personally really like landscape shots with a strong foreground element too. Look for things to "lead" the viewer to your main subject (paths, rocks, hedges anything really )

simon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back