Landscapes from Bar Harbor today C&C

oh...what do ya'll think about this one with a cropped sky for a print? forgot to ask, I was tired last night.

$_DSC0082-2.jpg

I'm thinking of printing almost exactly at that ratio of that crop also. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I find landscapes to be about as interesting as dried yellow paint, but that second and third one are stunning. Very pretty and very nicely executed.

And how interesting do you find dried yellow paint? Because sparky could probably make dried yellow paint look pretty amazing with that macro setup of his.
Also, is dried yellow paint less/more interesting than some other color of dried paint? Personally, I think dried brown paint would be the least interesting. :lmao:
Just kidding, I just read that comment and my warped brain started ranking dried paint colors in order of interest.

Anyway, on to the topic:
I agree, the second one is the best, and the crop you did is nice, although I like it either way. Draws the eye in, the reflections are interesting, good exposure and focus.

On that lighthouse photo...meh. Personally, I think you've gotten it in the least desirable focal length. Either zoom in on that lighthouse and make it stand out more (which, I take it you don't have a zoom yet, so possibly the landscape didn't allow for manual zooming), OR go wider angle on it so you see what I presume would be the water down at the bottom of that cliff. As it is, imo, the eye is drawn mostly to cliff and the lighthouse looks kinda like it just happened to get in the picture, but it's not that interesting an angle of the lighthouse.

ran a few test strips (since my laptop display is still crap) and image two is now in the lab making a 12x18 to hang on my wall. :)

looking for a good mat for it

Love the cropped version above. . . looks like you got out there on an awesome day! I love the reflection, but the rock mass in the bottom right is a little dark and distracting to me. Love though!

Yeah, we lightened it up a bit for print, my laptop makes em dark looking. Came out well, I'm happy. a bit of chromatic abberwhatever in the upper corners showing a bit. So I pushed my kit lens a bit.

Thanks.

That last photo is gorgeous Ernicus!
It will look fantastic on the wall, I'm sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back