Landscapes need people by Pascal Riben

What do you think about this gallery ?

• Poor gallery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May be you could sell your camera on E-bay ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I'm new here, and it's my first post.

The gallery "Landscapes need people" feature both urban and city landscapes:

p362295639-3.jpg

p50350427-3.jpg

Link to the gallery :
Landscapes need people

On the gallery, image size is adjusted (maximum width 800 px) to size browser : please, use F11 key to run your browser (IE, Firefox...) in full screen or/and click on an enlarged picture to Dim the lights. You can navigate with Dim the lights enabled using arrow key or mouse.
There is also a Slideshow link on the gallery.

Thank you for viewing !

Sincerely,

Last edited:
I disagree that landscapes need people. But I like the images.

I, for one, don't even have the time to go there and look at it in order to decide whether I like it or not.

And no, landscapes as such don't need people, cityscapes, however, look more "alive" with people, and less like there had been a recent nuclear bomb attack which left all the buildings standing but the people are all "gone"...

In the OP's defence, 'Landscapes need people' is just the title of this set, he is not trying to make an overall statement.
I like your images, im sure you will improve further in time. :thumbup:

Why don't you want to vote on the quality on the gallery ?

It's not a personal thing and sometimes things sound more harsh in a forum (or email) than real life. To clarify the thought process, it went something like this:
- scrolling through new post threads to find something interesting
- oh, a poll: "landscapes need people" *click*
- oh, I see. The poll is for a gallery that is found by linking to another site.
- not what I thought *clicks on New Posts button*
- *read message*, "You must wait 30 seconds between searches. Please wait 29 more seconds"

On a separate note (and again, this is not as harsh as it might come across), if you want to improve your work, a poll won't tell you what you need to do better. For that matter, it won't tell you what you have done well either.

I like your work quite a lot. Your work has a coherence that suggests that you have direction and your own clear vision. I am, therefore, puzzled about why you have posted this poll. Are you trying to find out about the members of the forum to see if this is the place for you?

Good luck,
Helen

I am, therefore, puzzled about why you have posted this poll. Are you trying to find out about the members of the forum to see if this is the place for you?

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your post and your feedback. And yes, you're right : I know nothing about this forum and I'm curious to learn it.

In the OP's defence, 'Landscapes need people' is just the title of this set, he is not trying to make an overall statement.
I like your images, im sure you will improve further in time. :thumbup:
:confused:

"Landscapes need people" is the title of his set. In the set itself, all the landscapes have people. Am I wrong in assuming that his opinion on landscape photography is that "landscapes need people"?

"Landscapes need people" is the title of his set. In the set itself, all the landscapes have people. Am I wrong in assuming that his opinion on landscape photography is that "landscapes need people"?

Well yes, i thought it was obvious no?

If you go to see an art exhibition, and it is titled, would you assume that the artist will continue doing the same work after the exhibition is closed?
Its simply a theme, not a blanket statement.

Well yes, i thought it was obvious no?

If you go to see an art exhibition, and it is titled, would you assume that the artist will continue doing the same work after the exhibition is closed?
Its simply a theme, not a blanket statement.

He is expressing an opinion in terms of a set of photographs. If he didn't believe that landscape photography needed people, why would he create a whole set based off that idea?

He is expressing an opinion in terms of a set of photographs. If he didn't believe that landscape photography needed people, why would he create a whole set based off that idea?
What's so hard to understand. Why be so pedantic?

EDIT:
OP, I like the two you have posted in the thread.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back