landscaping needs C&C

Cam_Assassin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to photography, last summer i bought a DLSR and been doodling with it ever since. I've taken many pics and been reading up on techniques and on how to use my cam. yet, I am still unable to produce beautiful photos like the ones on TPF. Lately, I've been messing around with photoshop and doing some touch up on my photos. Please comment on them, it'll really help me out a lot in trying to understand how to produce great photos. TY!!!

Here's a couple that I've made some changes with photoshop.

Taken with the DSLR
Original:
1dsc0327.jpg

Taken with a 5mp Camera Phone
Original:
1dsc02126.jpg

Last edited:
The first shot would have been better if you had a circular polarizer. It would really bring out the blue in the sky. Shooting into the sun pretty much sucks and there's nothing you can do about it. In the second one your Post has more of a blown out sky that your original. In landscape photography, the sky is one of the most important/interesting aspects of the photo. (It doesn't have to be, but usually is.) You should concentrate on finding a location, subject, and angle that allows you to set up the camera so you can get the most out of your subject and the sky. (90 or 180 degrees from the sun.)

In the 1st photo you lost most of the detail in the shadows and foreground. The foreground is very important to this photo, IMO. That 1 would have been a good candidate for an HDR.

In the second the color temp is way too cool (blue). Unless that's the look you were going for.

i just thought i should post while im waiting for the images to load, jeez

Most reactions

Back