Lap(top)dance of Joy

mortallis288 said:
i love my vaio most of the time, your mom must have like the extended battery cause my battery last for like an hour and half tops, but you will be happy with your dell, they may not be the best of machines but if you treat it right and not look at to much naughty stuff you will be ok :)

Yeah, my desktop's messed up enough as is, so it has its uses ;)

I kid, I kid...

mortallis288 said:
i love my vaio most of the time, your mom must have like the extended battery cause my battery last for like an hour and half tops, but you will be happy with your dell, they may not be the best of machines but if you treat it right and not look at to much naughty stuff you will be ok :)
depends on the model. Hers is an ultra-portable, which are made for battery life. THe media oriented ones last a lot less.

clarinetJWD said:
If you ask me, I'd avoid Dell laptops at all cost.

If you'd asked me a month or two ago i may have agreed..... but now i dont. If you go for a low end Dell laptop then you cant expect much.... but i was deciding between an Alienware and the Dell XPS... after LOTS of research into performance charts, reviews etc.... it turned out the XPS was ALOT better than the Alienware, in almost all areas.

After having owned it for the last month i can say that, although a gaming laptop, its extreamly fast having a core 2 duo processor and a Gforce 7900 Gs graphics card..... 30% faster than the Alienware.... and the build quility is in a different league to other Dell laptops.

Dell has bought Alienware anyways.... but i'd recommend the high end Dells to anyone... especially the M1710.... renders a 60 meg file in less than 2 secs... pi$$es over anything Sony have bought out too. :mrgreen:

Archangel said:
If you'd asked me a month or two ago i may have agreed..... but now i dont. If you go for a low end Dell laptop then you cant expect much.... but i was deciding between an Alienware and the Dell XPS... after LOTS of research into performance charts, reviews etc.... it turned out the XPS was ALOT better than the Alienware, in almost all areas.

After having owned it for the last month i can say that, although a gaming laptop, its extreamly fast having a core 2 duo processor and a Gforce 7900 Gs graphics card..... 30% faster than the Alienware.... and the build quility is in a different league to other Dell laptops.

Dell has bought Alienware anyways.... but i'd recommend the high end Dells to anyone... especially the M1710.... renders a 60 meg file in less than 2 secs... pi$$es over anything Sony have bought out too. :mrgreen:

i'm actually thinking about getting one of those if I ever get a laptop. either that or PERHAPS a mac book pro (did I just say that? :shock:)

I use my Toshiba Lappy mostly ... and the family use the desktop mostly ... the Lappy for me is essential when travellign to and from work so I can edit of sort photos, compile the books I write or even just mess aboue.

Warning though. Laptop keyboards won't hold up to game play much as my old one will vouch for as it just kills the keyboard quickly.

Toshiba Satellites are good and I have rarely had a problem with mine :)

thebeginning said:
i'm actually thinking about getting one of those if I ever get a laptop. either that or PERHAPS a mac book pro (did I just say that? :shock:)

Dude you wont be dissapointed if you did.... did i mention the screen has 'UltraSharp' technology... really good for viewing images!... its crystal clear... people are saying when they stand next to me how good the screen is... and it doesnt 'dull out' like others do when viewed from different angles.... buy one!...

Although it did cost more than my life's worth... lol.... and if you want an easily portable laptop with a long battery life then forget it....

But hey... big screen and power Vs small and slower performance... up to you.

Archangel said:
Dude you wont be dissapointed if you did.... did i mention the screen has 'UltraSharp' technology... really good for viewing images!... its crystal clear... people are saying when they stand next to me how good the screen is... and it doesnt 'dull out' like others do when viewed from different angles.... buy one!...

Although it did cost more than my life's worth... lol.... and if you want an easily portable laptop with a long battery life then forget it....

But hey... big screen and power Vs small and slower performance... up to you.

yeah i have an ultrasharp monitor for my desktop, i love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back