Lapland Panorama

Alex- this is so very excellent! Great composition. Thanks for taking us.

composition wise I am a bit bothered about that huge cloud, but i could not wait until it had moved since I was hiking and had to move on.

Alex, this is very nice, works best in a series or as a documentary of photos recording this part of the Laplands ... but (the big but), as a single image it lacks "pop". The central focal point of ridge and snow isn't strong enough to carry the day as a stand alone image. Why are you in the Laplands?

Gary

PS- Maybe as a B&W or sepia ... burning in the clouds and dodging out the stream a bit will give this image more drama.
G

Alex, this is very nice, works best in a series or as a documentary of photos recording this part of the Laplands ... but (the big but), as a single image it lacks "pop". The central focal point of ridge and snow isn't strong enough to carry the day as a stand alone image. Why are you in the Laplands?

Gary

PS- Maybe as a B&W or sepia ... burning in the clouds and dodging out the stream a bit will give this image more drama.
G

I know i could have done more on the clouds!

And i also know that it is not a very strong image, since it lacks a story, is to simple in composition, with the big bulk of the mountain in the centre.

I am not in Lapland now, it was taken last spring. And it is part of a series :)

Thanks for the honest comment :)

This is great Alex. You can back peddle all you want, but this is a great photo. The big cloud you are so concerned with kind of mirrors the butte that is the main focus. The river in the forefround adds such a nice touch.

I agree with you that a very large print is the only way to do justice to the image. But you have to admit......it's a bloody good shot!

Thanks for sharing.

It has been nominated for POTM!
With every right!
It absolutely is not only "nomination material" but has all the potential to actually become POTM!

Very good.
I have never tried my hand at stitching, so I cannot say anything about the technique, but the landscape you got to see with your eyes must have been stunning. My dad and brother would certainly go all :drool: over this ... they were up there walking back in 1977 (if I remember right) ... my dad also has some wonderful, impressive (single shot!) Lapland photos in his vast collection somewhere.

i used software to stitch i have to admit :) (Panorama studio)

Thanks for all the comments! :)

Most reactions

Back