laser

daniel_p

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Laser beam reflecting off of fog particles, shot from my balcony. Seemed interesting enough to post, hope you enjoy it.

laser_small.jpg

You can use the link below for the actual size version:
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/d_puiu/laser.jpg

This has a great feel. The laser is pretty cool looking.

Luke, your light saber is so... BIG! :lol:

Strange how the beam is more diffuse nearer the source. I would have thought the fog would disperse it more as it got farther away.

photobug said:
Luke, your light saber is so... BIG! :lol:

Strange how the beam is more diffuse nearer the source. I would have thought the fog would disperse it more as it got farther away.

Maybe the laser is coming toward him and not away... :wink: That would be creepy...a laser pointed at you out of a dense fog.

No, the beam is coming from me, not towards me. I haven't bought a tripod yet, so I had to hold the camera still on the balcony railing with my right hand, and hold the laser on the railing with my left hand (right beside the camera). I held them as still as I could while I took the shot (6 sec. exposure).
I believe the beam appears more "diffuse" at the source because that's where you happen to be looking at it from. If someone would have viewed it from "the other end", it would have appeared the same way (just maybe not as intense, depending on how far the viewer would be from the source), it's just a matter of perspective. Remember this is a laser beam, not a cone-shaped beam, so visually it's pretty much like a tensed up cord.

Interesting pic...seems there might be variations on this theme.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back