Lasso help

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need help lassoing some shots. My main question is when I zoom in so close and can't see the whole objet to lasso how do I lasso the whole thing without letting go of the mouse? Can I play connect the dots some how? You get what I'm asking? Thanks.

Try holding the space bar...which should let you pan.

Or use a different selection technique that is not dependent on holding the mouse button down.

i think i know the answer to this, when lasooing, you can actually let go of the mouse button and move the mouse to the direction you want to go, in other words to the edge of the page and it should scroll automatically in any direction, please let me know if it works...

Holding the spacebar (before letting go of the mouse button) will change the tool to the hand. Once the hand icon shows, you can either move as is or let go of the mouse button, reposition the cursor, and click-drag to move the image. After you've moved the image (but before releasing the spacebar, release the mouse and reposition the curser, hold the mouse button and release the spacebar.

While using the lasso tool, the option key (alt on windows) will change it to the polygonal lasso too.

Another way to make selections is to use quickmask mode. Check your manual/help for more details.

You best bet is to learn to use the path tool--which can be edited after the fact and then be turned into selections.

the idea i posted earlier, does actually work i tried it,but i do'nt know if it works on all photoshop versions, i have photoshop elements v2.0, it works on polygonal lasso, but not on basic lasso or magnetic.

Don't use the lasso tool at all. Use the Pen tool. Click pionts and it will play connect the dots. When you are finished, right click on your path and choose "make selection". Feather if you like, and volia. Then you can fine tune the selection with the lasso tool by holding shift to add to the selection, or alt to subtract.

Most reactions

Back