Last Day of Winter

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An unusually warm day, about 60 F. Ironically, it snowed the next day. :lol:

I had some fun, but no spectacular pictures. As usual. :) CC if you wish. It's kind of a lot for a CC thread so I didnt put that in the title.

1. Frog statue
DSC09482B.jpg

2. Forgotten tennis ball
DSC09490B.jpg

3. Forgotten baseball, black and white except for the red stitching. Should the whole thing be black and white?
3-19-10DSC09618B.jpg

4. Weed - this is a pretty tight crop, and probably not in the best place. I got a similar one to this that I actually like a few weeks ago.
DSC09623B.jpg

5. Drowned baseballs
DSC09621.jpg

6. Spider - really really really close crop. And I had the camera as close to the water as I could without getting my reflection, too. :er:
DSC09645.jpg

7. The sky - but I'm not sure why it looks "like that". Soft, out of focus, grainy? I think I may have had the iso too high... anyway. This wasnt really something I was planning to keep. The clouds were interesting, I took a picture, and instead of being all blown out like I expected the sun had some rays. So I kept it. But I cant figure out what is wrong...
DSC09649.jpg

8. Ducks. A white appleyard and an ancona, if anyones interested. :)
DSC09729B-1.jpg

9. Kitty. I wish Chuck, the ancona, had kept his head out of the way though.
DSC09730.jpg

10. The sky again, with the driveway this time. It just kept getting cloudier and cloudier. Also sort of grainy? Not as bad as the other one, I dont think.
DSC09763B.jpg

I like the up close and personal of the frog. I like the lines behind it. I like the vertical lines of the tree line. I think it could use a little contrast adjustment to help it pop a wee bit more. I am wondering if you could have shot from a few inches higher, to capture the tree line, but not the blown sky? I fear it would change the lines too much though, and you'd have too much "bowl" in the shot. I think the lines in the back lead your eye to the focus of the frogs face. That's my concern if they were higher, they wouldn't.

Most reactions

Back