Chapel in Basilica, Quito
5325719502_896b57d680_b.jpg

Basilica, Quito
5325193111_41e4f95a89_b.jpg

Treehouse in the Sky, Banos
5345408374_c7471018e6_b.jpg

Falls outside Banos
5345424246_4c0b5a0897_b.jpg

Compania Church, Quito (all plated in real gold) only 5 exps did not allow photos inside
5325288825_35a4536a86_b.jpg

Pretty spectacular stuff Myshkin. Only problem I see is the window in last pic. Id replace it with one of the shots if it was me.

Yes it bugs me as well. That one was only 5 exps and I needed more for the window. I thought about cloning it

Stunning images!
I really enjoy the depth of the treehouse photo, but all is amazing!

Do you use tilt/shift lenses for the church and chapel photos?

No I just use the sigma 10-20mm and tilt it upwards on the tripod to get the ceiling, it causes some distortion

4th picture is absolutely spectacular!

I wish we had scenery like that here in NE, just corn and cows...

I think of all the places I have been that this was not even a thought for me. I'd love to go back and take photos all over again in HDR. Thanks for sharing, the interior shots are beautfiul and my favorite of the set!

No I just use the sigma 10-20mm and tilt it upwards on the tripod to get the ceiling, it causes some distortion

It doesn't show, is it straightened out in post?

With a Wide angle the lines are straight but the walls slant. Its obvious in #1, but the other 2 interior shots I had the camera level which keeps things straight.

Thanks lyonsroar and georgiegirl - you're the first people to not like the tree house best which I'm glad about

by the way I completely understand your desire to go back and do HDR. Last year I went to patagonia before I did HDR. So many lost shots

the treehouse one is best idea and composition in my opinion

i personally think it should be a litttttle brighter but it is just such a great concept it doesnt matter too much

Getting it brighter wasn't really possible. It is 9 exposures already. I was shooting right into the sun which I placed behind the tree trunk. Making it brighter just blew out the sky, and the sensor wasn't able to even pick up more detail on the shaded areas. It just looked washed out. I hit the limitation of the camera.
I even shot 18 shots of this and it only looked a hair brighter but then the clouds had serious ghosting because they were moving quickly

Fabulous series. I particularly like the one of the Falls. I think it's the best composition of the bunch.

Interesting pictures. All very nice!

Most reactions

Back