Last Minute Family Session

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Received a call for a last minute session. I really like to have time to plan before a shoot, but it didn't happen today.

Here are a few from the first run through of PPing. C&C is greatly appreciated.

1)
EditedFiles-0094.jpg

2)
EditedFiles-0116.jpg

3)
EditedFiles-0039.jpg

4)
EditedFiles-0177.jpg

Last edited:
agreed. 2 is my fav. all of them are nice though. i wish the girls didn't have such goofy faces in the last one....

Some nice work; C&C per req:

1. A challenge because of the huge difference in their skin tones. I think the overall exposure needs to come down just a little here, you're losing detail in her sweater and skin, and then some detail work on his face; it's showing up as just a bit too red and swarthy I think.

2. Nicely done, good expressions.

3. This is a nice picture, but I think it might be stronger with about 1/4 of the open space image left cropped; to my eye, the family is too small for the huge area that we see.

4. Definitely a shame about the expression on the girl's faces. The mother is perfect; this is one of the things that the photographer needs to be on the lookout for. Oh well, they're children. This one seems just a trifle under-exposed to me, and just a little red. Are you shooting a white or grey card for calibration here?

Overall, nice work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have not given these the final pp yet, so it'snice to hear what others are seeing before I do.

I will tone down #1 a bit, and een out his tone a bit. In all the pictures he is quite red, so it will take a bit more pp to get it right.

I have another pic like 4 - but the girls just have these barely there smiles. To know thepersonality of the family, I'm thinking they will love it - silliy and all!

Thanks
Kristal

It looks like one of the girls faces (on the right) is blurry. Other than that I think these are pretty darn cute.

Thanks for the comments. The family was super happy. They said "no offence, but we had no idea they would turn out that good!" I'll take it as a compliment...

And for the girl, when looking at the original, seems she may be just ever so slightly oof - but with a bit more pp, it is almost impossible to tell.

Thanks again.

Kristal

Most reactions

Back