Last Night Lightning

Spuzzette

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Quick! Honey! Go get my camera!" Didn't have time to adjust any settings or anything. The lightning was CRAZY!! This is my first ever lightning picture. There will be some more later.
300 pictures later....I have 4 or 5 pictures I can use! LOL

lightning.jpg

Last edited:
I heard it was crazy in ontario last night.

I have photographer friends from northbay, barrie and toronto who posted some shots this morning on facebook. all lightning shots LOL!

I bet they are awesome! The lightning really gave you lots of opportunities to take some amazing photos. I just wish I had hydro to research which settings work best for lightning! LOL I ended up throwing her in continual shooting mode, which seemed to have worked.
lightning2.jpg

Cool pics. I tried a long time ago to shoot lightning and pics didn't turn out. Think I'll try again. Thanks for sharing!

I've captured lightning before (haven't posted the photos yet). With a tripod, I put my camera in manual with the aperture wide open and did continuous 10 second exposures. That seemed to work out pretty well. The trouble is getting your camera wet... or getting mud on the lens... or being struck by lightning. I think an umbrella would haven been a step in the right direction.

I love the colors. Any post-production or is that violet color natural?

Very nice....I'm not surprised it took 300 images to obtain 4 or 5 of quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back