Last Photo From The Family Farm

Brooklyn Albertan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My mother in law passed from Pancreatic cancer in April. The weather was raw and brutal the day we buried her, in a small Saskatchewan town of less than 1,000 people. -10c, high winds, lots of snow. The old farmhouse was central place for my wife and kids - our extended family - for many years. Now, those visits will cease, as both grandparents have passed. This was the last phone I took before we left, on an old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH27, looking out the spare bedroom window, as the snow ceased. The purple and white, faux lace curtains have been there for 50 years. I always take a shot of this lone tree, from this window, every time we visit the farm. This might be the last one captured by me, from this vantage point. I like the way it came out.

Lone Tree on the Farm.jpg

What a fine remembrance of your mother in law. And sorry for your loss.

Chuck

A shot that will hopefully always bring back memories. Sorry for your loss.

A shot that will hopefully always bring back memories. Sorry for your loss.
She was a good mother-in-law, and grandmother to our kids. The farm is in most-rural Saskatchewan. I have always liked this shot when "weather" was happening. I have one - the same shot, sans the curtains - during a major blizzard. That day, we buried her husband, "grandpa", my father-in-law.

My condolences on your loss. We just laid to rest the husband of a cousin in May. Sadly my wife and I have seen the passing of our Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and several of cousins. It gives one pause, to realize you have become the patriarch of your family. As I see family pass I better understand the meaning of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and find comfort in the memories.

Sorry for your loss. They sound like they were wonderful people. Your photo has captured a special place.

My condolences on your loss. We just laid to rest the husband of a cousin in May. Sadly my wife and I have seen the passing of our Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and several of cousins. It gives one pause, to realize you have become the patriarch of your family. As I see family pass I better understand the meaning of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and find comfort in the memories.
Well said.

Beautiful shot and beautiful memory! So sorry for your loss. May the memory of her be a blessing to you.

My mother in law passed from Pancreatic cancer in April. The weather was raw and brutal the day we buried her, in a small Saskatchewan town of less than 1,000 people. -10c, high winds, lots of snow. The old farmhouse was central place for my wife and kids - our extended family - for many years. Now, those visits will cease, as both grandparents have passed. This was the last phone I took before we left, on an old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH27, looking out the spare bedroom window, as the snow ceased. The purple and white, faux lace curtains have been there for 50 years. I always take a shot of this lone tree, from this window, every time we visit the farm. This might be the last one captured by me, from this vantage point. I like the way it came out.

View attachment 266141
Sorry for your loss. The photo is a beautiful way to remember her and the times spent in the farmhouse.

You should put them together in book like format. or a slide show in chronologic order. Would be interesting to see the changes through time.

Most reactions

Back