Last post today! Logo suggestions??

Yeah, I'm discovering I've been given a lot of wrong information lately :/ So what do I do? If I can't find the original artist, I just can't use the image at all? How much would I have to change it for it to be "mine"? I don't really want to change it too much because I still want it to be my tattoo, but I also don't want to do anything illegal.

Most said they were unsure where the design came from. Two others told me that tattoos aren't copyrighted. Basically said that I didn't have to get permission to use it on my body so I could use it on my logo. I didn't take the actual image from online, if that helps any. A friend took a photo of my tattoo and made a vector out of it.

It's a tattoo design and I have literally contacted every single website where I found the image and from what I've been told, it's not copyrighted.

Yes, I've posted before. Since then, I had someone put the bird in illustrator and touch it up a bit for me so I can make it a higher resolution but that's it.

Yes, I like the way the first bound it together, but I do agree with another poster that it looked cluttered. I'll try your suggestion with just the one line on the bottom. Thanks!
Yeah, see what you think. My design is by all means not perfect, so take it as you will.

Just curious... do you own the rights to the bird design? How much was it 'touched-up' from the original tattoo design? If it's still significantly similar, it may be infringement?

TBH, I highly doubt it's not copyrighted by someone. Did any of the websites claim to be the owner of the image or did they just take *cough*steal*cough* from other websites?
Whoever said tattoos aren't copyrighted have no idea what they're talking about.. That would be like saying a piece of artwork isn't copyrighted. Or, your photos.

Tattoo artists are asserting their copyright claims

Also, based on what you said, I could take a picture of your logo, put it in Illustrator, make an exact copy of it, and it would be mine. Well, not exactly. Just because your friend traced it in Illustrator doesn't make your friend the copyright owner.
Chances are, you probably won't have an issue with someone claiming copyright.

I'm not sure how much you'd have to change it, but technically using an exact copy would be considered infringement.

I'd suggest doing a little research yourself on copyright to see if you can figure it out yourself. If you can't, you could contact an attorney or even a law school professor for general help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back