Last Ride of the Season...

DoofClenas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
douthittfamily.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ride of the season...it's getting to be that time of year up here. Here are just a few reasons why I live where I live.

First Stop...just the side of the road (to warm up).
PB030340.jpg

PB030348.jpg

PB030351.jpg

PB030360.jpg

PB030366.jpg

PB030368.jpg

PB030371.jpg

Last Stop...Glen Haven Beach (part of the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore) The islands off in the distance are North and South Manitou Islands.
PB030382.jpg

PB030386.jpg

PB030394.jpg

PB030392.jpg

The Old Docks
PB030424.jpg

He's making his way...
PB030447.jpg

That's all. About a 30-40 mile round trip. Great way to wrap up the 2007 riding season.

One thing I suggest when posting pics like this...
stick to 5 or 6 of your favourite...and NUMBER THEM.
Most important part...that way we can refer to which picture we're talking of.

I like the one of the building the best...the one with the wheat thing also is nice.

I would love to have seen some of these in HDR, especially #7.

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. When the light situation is too much for the camera to capture (bright sky, dark countryside, for example), you can take several exposures, three at least, one exposing for the sky, one middle exposure, and one exposing for the countryside, and later merge these three photos in post processing and tonemap them to bring out the detail in the sky, the land ... more than the camera COULD in one photo only. (For this, you must NOT move the camera, of course, so if you actually take three exposures, it is a prerequisite that you use a tripod).

You can, of course, given you photograph in RAW, create three or five different exposures out of ONE file (since RAW is not yet a picture, but only the data the camera collected upon taking "the picture", so this data can still be changed in a RAW programme), and then merge those with the help of special software.

Does that begin to explain things?
Other than that, put HDR into the SEARCH line and see what you will get, it will be PLENTY.

Oh, and hang on: you are new?
Hey then: Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. When the light situation is too much for the camera to capture (bright sky, dark countryside, for example), you can take several exposures, three at least, one exposing for the sky, one middle exposure, and one exposing for the countryside, and later merge these three photos in post processing and tonemap them to bring out the detail in the sky, the land ... more than the camera COULD in one photo only. (For this, you must NOT move the camera, of course, so if you actually take three exposures, it is a prerequisite that you use a tripod).

awesome, i was reading that in a tutorial for photoshop just last night. i'm eager to try it....

No problem, I'm an environmental graphic designer, so I have access to all these fun little programs...I use illustrator mostly, so it'll be a nice change to get back into Photoshop.

Oh, and hang on: you are new?
Hey then: Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

Why yes, yes I am...and thank you. My first hobby/lifestyle is riding my Harley...next is photography. I spend most of my time on my motorcycle club forum (and riding), but I'm finding it rather addicting here...especially during the long cold winter.

Neat pictures

I've been riding for a long time, but I'm just now getting into photography,, just in time for winter.

Thanks for the explanation La!
I'm beginning to discover that the computer is just as important to photography as a lens is.
I guess photoshop is what a dark room used to be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back