Lasting Impression

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I took this one wet morning, all I've done is bumped the contrast up.

handbw800.jpg

I was tempted to enter it into a contest entitled "Mans interaction with water" but didnt as I had to pay to enter it.

I'd love to have your feedback on it.

Cheers,
Steve.

The foreground is nice and sharp, but I think that the tonal gradation is too narrow. It's just a little too gray. Either the tones are there and you need to pull them out during post-processing, or you'll need to take your camera's meter with a grain of salt (or both).

If I posted the original could you show me what you mean?

On my monitor it goes from an inky black to white, maybe I need to get a calibrator

I'd be happy to. Perhaps web compression is making it look a little chunky? I'm seeing what looks like some blocking up from compression. Perhaps a larger image or the original doesn't have that problem?

Maybe I'm just seeing things.

They've been resized to 800x533 to upload onto photobucket

hand800.jpg

It almost looks like a paw print, if the bottom of the image were brightened somewhat.

skieur

It bothers me that I have no idea what that is. How much have you edited it? I'm not sure if you posted the original pic, the second one you posted looks the same as the first. If you are going for an abstract look I have to say the textures and colors themselves aren't interesting enough to make the photo. I'd suggest just sticking with the original, I think it would be more interesting if we could actually tell what you took a picture of. Either way you choose, I'd like to see the original.

The photo is a hand print.

I have a vw beetle sat on my driveway, my brother put a greasy hand mark on it just so I'd have to wash the car, well, I didnt :lol:

After a few days of rain it left the print on the roof, its simply shot using the cameras B&W setting and then I've bumped the contrast.

There is a difference between the two images, its really obvious on my monitor.

I'm really suprised that people cant see what it is!

Thats a hand print?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back