Late nights

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like this spot in my house. I thought it was well suited for a portrait but couldnt find a suitable model (that late at night) so i used myself. Some honest criticism would be greatly appreciated as I rarely post my shots. :)

_MG_0566-2.jpg

I'm sure that when you post a photo that is so yellow, you not accidentally post a photo that happened to turn out this yellow, but you wanted it to be like this. So that's ok, that's the cosy atmosphere you wanted to capture.

But the corner where you are is sooo dark.
Why use a model at all when the room where your model is placed is almost black?
I might have overlooked you and mistaken this for a still life if you hadn't told us you used yourself for your own model. Only then did I think "too true, there's someone there".

I like it. As LaFoto said though, your very dark. I think it would be great if you could get the outline of your face lit, but maintain the silhouette/shadowy look.

I actually wanted the model to be 'discovered' more than be the focus of the image. So for Lafoto i achieved that. I guess maybe i mislead you guys with saying that it was a self portrait so you were expecting more of me but i just didnt know what else to call it.

Lafoto, i did want it this yellow but i didnt want it to overpower the shot. i hope thats not what happened? that can be easily fixed

Last edited:
This is just a quick re-edit i did moments ago. Corrected the WB a bit to tone down the yellows and adjusted my face lol

_MG_0566-2-2.jpg

Let me know what you think

It looks more detailed and sharper now, and I like the fact that you brought out your face some more but took away your hand, so that corner is all black now.
I know that with less yellow it is not really more detailed (checked to and fro and to and fro), but it SEEMS to be more detailed. If you feel the atmosphere is all gone now with the corrected WB, you might want to go the middle path? SOME more yellow than the edit, but not as much as the first? But that is all up to you. But leave your face thus brightened.

Thanks for the suggestions Lafoto. in the final edit im definitely going to warm it up a little bit more. Next i need to do something about that plug and wire...

Any more input?

i actually really like the original version despite the darkness on the sides it looks really good

That outlet is really bothering me... Photoshop FTW! Maybe it can be cloned out?

Most reactions

Back