Latest cinema outing

GerryDavid said:
Dandy-Warhol said:
I thought Van Helsing quite enjoyable.

Maybe not worth a trip to the cinema, but it was an entertaining film, although those "brides" weren't acting too well.

Never seen Gladiator and really not thinking about going to see Troy either. Not my type of movies.

I also enjoyed Van Helsing.

Troy was ok but there were way to many boring parts that made sitting in the theatre hard to do. :0)

And todays TV really sucks. What ever happend to good family comedy sitcoms? LIke Home Improvement, Cosby show, etc. Theres not much on tv that is that enjoyable anymore. And now a bunch have ended for the summer like Enterprise and Smallville.

Theres suppose to be a bunch of new shows as well, and what I read from them, they wont be on longer than a month, when the tv companies realize they are showing more garbage and yank them off the air. And even more reality tv shows. They sooooooooooo suck.

Thank God Holland is a bit behind when it comes to sitcoms.

They're still airing Home Improvement (har, har, har) :) and the good Simpons and all here.

Dandy-Warhol said:
Thank God Holland is a bit behind when it comes to sitcoms.

They're still airing Home Improvement (har, har, har) :) and the good Simpons and all here.

They still show home improvement here but its all repeats, and I seen most of them the first time around so seing them 40 times gets old, hehe.

Now there is Family guy and futurama. They both have some really funny stuff in it. :0)

Since they started making LOTR I've been thinking its a matter of time before they make The Narnia Chronicles......
Guess what I read in the paper the other dayyyyyy ! :lol: ......
The Lion , The Witch & the Wardrobe coming to a cinema near you, soonish :cheer:

Well they havent finished making it yet , production is underway :D

I wonder if they will go for the big names for the lead roles or up-and-comers .....

That or they will just release waht was on tv back 17 years ago or so. :0) *Smirks*

I hope LW&W is as visually breathtaking as LOTR was/is.

I also hope it's truer to the book.

Don't get me wrong. I have loved each of the LOTR installments, own the extended versions of the 1st two, and will but the extended version of the third also. They are quite possibly the 3 best movies to come out the last 3 years.

That said, they weren't really that faithful to the books, imo. Too much left out and too much added or overemphasized.

Last movie I saw at the Theatre was Troy. I didnt really want to go see it but consensus said that was the movie of the night. I found the music to be a bit "Star wars"ish at times. Some of the fight scenes were a bit drawn out like the latter 2 matrix movies.
Made up for it with Brad Pitt tho :shock:

drlynn said:
I hope LW&W is as visually breathtaking as LOTR was/is.

Well 'The Narnia Chronicles' films will be filmed in New Zealand ... same country which LOTR was filmed in ... so visual-wise I think they're probably going to go for the same 'look' and I'm willing to bet TNC will just as spectacular.

Well 'The Narnia Chronicles' films will be filmed in New Zealand ... same country which LOTR was filmed in ... so visual-wise I think they're probably going to go for the same 'look' and I'm willing to bet TNC will just as spectacular.

they are filming in the waitaks, about 1/2 hour from here. I think thats cool cause most kiddies dodge the north island and go south... and there is soo much to see up here too :)

Vonn get on ya bike and go watch em ! Maybe they'll want ya to be an extra in the movie or sumpin man ! :lol:
Seriously ,I'm glad producers and other powers-that-be in movieland are paying attention to NZ... as it IS a breathtakingly beautiful country.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back