Latest film camera

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Received my Autoreflex T3 in the mail today. It camera with a lightmeter and some literature. Never seen a camera manual in hardback cover before.

I do like the feel of the camera over the Spotmatic F I often use. I like the weight and build of the body. It came with the Hexanon 50mm 1.4 and I already had a 57mm 1.4 as well. Unfortunately the mirror sticks randomly and the lightmeter is dead. Two thing I hope to fix soon.

ef93a7a5eda595b5f4ac4a882280abe4.jpg
9c01e5698997c2ff61f686826bdf2c9b.jpg

Well, what are you waiting for? Load 'er up and lets see some images!

I'm taking her out tomorrow to the dog park. I have some ektar 100 and portra 160 to shoot. I lubed up the insides with machine oil which seem stop the mirror from sticking.

I will do without the light meter. I might just take a average reading of the available light and wing it from there. Would be impossible to chase dogs trying to get independent readings.

My chihuahua Lola was my model while I test the camera. I used the Hexanon 57mm 1.4 at F2. I forgot the shutter speed. I should start recording that. This was shot on Tri-X 400 developed with Xtol.

Thanks for following up and posting, looks like you got a good one.

Nice! I like how the back light is coming through her ears. Enjoy your instrument.

This thread brought back memories of my first camera. A Konica III that my uncle gave me while I was taking photography in high school in the 70's. Since the AE-1 's where the bomb, this old non-SLR Konica that my uncle bought in Japan in the mid 50's seemed "not cool". I did come to realize the what great shots I could get with the it (when I was in focus). He was in the Army stationed in Korea and brought this camera home with him. My uncle is a very smart guy and taught me a lot about cameras and darkroom techniques. He and another uncle of mine took some fantastic color photos with the Konica III in the mid 50's. Here are a few of those photos that I found on slides, in an old box. One is of my uncle later gave me the camera, and the other is of my grandpa. It's hard to imagine these where taken 60 years ago!
60DEC_016.jpg
60DEC_017.jpg

Attachments

• 60DEC_016.jpg
    60DEC_016.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 60DEC_017.jpg
    60DEC_017.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 145
This thread brought back memories of my first camera. A Konica III that my uncle gave me while I was taking photography in high school in the 70's. Since the AE-1 's where the bomb, this old non-SLR Konica that my uncle bought in Japan in the mid 50's seemed "not cool". I did come to realize the what great shots I could get with the it (when I was in focus). He was in the Army stationed in Korea and brought this camera home with him. My uncle is a very smart guy and taught me a lot about cameras and darkroom techniques. He and another uncle of mine took some fantastic color photos with the Konica III in the mid 50's. Here are a few of those photos that I found on slides, in an old box. One is of my uncle later gave me the camera, and the other is of my grandpa. It's hard to imagine these where taken 60 years ago!
View attachment 117813 View attachment 117814

Wow those are some lovely pictures. The colors are very nice.

Have fun with that Autoreflex. Based on richness and perpetuity of those old slides shown above, I'd shoot slide film. The demise of my Konica III was the complicated mechanical film advance lever. It was built into the base of the lens, and would start to jamb up. I had it serviced a few times by an old guy in Los Angeles who was the only one in the area that could service them. He was the equivalent of a watch builder with his microscopic tools. It was amazing that he could disassemble and assemble those delicate little parts.
The lenses on those early Konica's are fantastic.

I had it serviced a few times by an old guy in Los Angeles who was the only one in the area that could service them. He was the equivalent of a watch builder with his microscopic tools. It was amazing that he could disassemble and assemble those delicate little parts.

Was that Ross Yerkes by any chance?

I could have been, but it was over 30 years ago. My uncle is still around, but his mind is slipping a little. I'll have to see if he can remember?

All this talk about old camera's got me thinking about another one I still had in storage that was my wife's grandfathers. I just dug it out of the attic. The shutter is stuck, but I just ordered a spanner wrench for removing the lens. I should be able to free it up with a Qtip and a dab of Zippo.
Fujica V2  a.jpg
Fujica V2  b.jpg

Most reactions

Back