Latest Film Ruined, Was it Me or Them?

The Fujica ST605 takes two SR44 batteries, and I have seen no noteworthy tendancy for the meters to go in them, in fact a couple sites praise the meter accuracy. But the reason I did not buy one when I had the oppertunity is it's a stop down meter camera.

This begs the question, where you stopping it down to meter?

I'm not really sure what that means, from what I've been able to gather stop down metering is when the aperture closes when you take a meter reading. As this is the only film camera I've ever used, I'm not sure how this method differs from other cameras.

If you are asking if I set my aperture before I meter then yes, checking the meter is the last thing I do before I press the shutter release.

If this doesn't answer your question, please forgive my ignorance :lol:

You answered the question just fine.

Now to answer your unasked question, How does that differ from other cameras? Well Some cameras like my EF will meter constantly as long as the camera is turned on allowing an accurate meter reading to be taken wide open regardless of the aperture setting, Some cameras like my AE-1 will meter when the shutter release or the metering button is depressed, Cameras like my XG-1 meter when ones finger is on the shutter release button, My Chinon CS is just like yours requiring stoping down the lens to meter.

There are a few different metering methoeds used in SLR's, it's all a question of figuring out what one has is all.

Heres some pictures I've uploaded of the previous film. Its the exact same film and the same camera under similar conditions.

ST605 Photographs

Right well I got the cd back yesterday and the scans have come back A LOT brighter than the prints, theres a world of difference and some of them I've been able to save. Heres a few examples:

3687125627_dc40da4a83.jpg

3688029394_5623559814.jpg

3688028316_80f445bbf0.jpg

3687128237_c2954d7015.jpg

3688028712_8d34288ffc.jpg

The rest of the pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26791294@N03/sets/72157620952347320/

I'm really glad them came out better but I cant understand why the prints were awful. In the print of the second picture, all the foreground was completely black and you couldnt make out any detail and all the sunsets were like this.

Weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back