latest portrait session x

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, Here are a selection from Tuesday's shoot... The little boy had the most beautiful eyes and lashes to die for xx Hope you enjoy! Comments and critique always appreciated. x jem x

#1...

brehmer37.jpg

#2...

brehmer13.jpg

#3...

brehmer45.jpg

#4...

brehmer58.jpg

#5...

brehmer34.jpg

#6...

brehmer49.jpg

#7...

brehmer60.jpg

Thanks for looking x :heart:

not upset at all.... her left eye is a bit lazy which i suppose makes her look a little sad? not much i could do in that department... got lots of smiles but these were my choice...x

Great Shots!

Nitpickiness:

1 - Tad bright overall?
2 - Odd hair tanglement (lol had to find something) Really good shot, especially pickin up the pick dress in the background.
3 - Ear shadow seems distracting
4 - Less space above head might help. Did you sharpen this one? His hair is getting a lot of 'sharpness' highlight
5 - Crop on right (and top) maybe too tight with the cutoffs
6 - Shrug - maybe a tad deeper DoF so his ears aren't fuzzing out?
7 - My Fav - great shot, crop, expression, and inclusion of the lines from the chair behind him.

ps. disregard all negative comments because there's really nothing negative about any of these imo, just trying to come up with something helpful :)

thanks heaps Znarled...

1 - Tad bright overall?
??? one of my faves!! :0)

2 - Odd hair tanglement (lol had to find something) Really good shot, especially pickin up the pick dress in the background.
that damn hair bugged me too!! oh well!! x

3 - Ear shadow seems distracting
yep, but it is actually his foot in the background - will have to go in and try to clone it out!

4 - Less space above head might help. Did you sharpen this one? His hair is getting a lot of 'sharpness' highlight
Apparantly that 'sharpness' is 'moire pattern' - still need to learn more about it - its a bit confusing to explain, but it has happened with hair in other pics of mine?

5 - Crop on right (and top) maybe too tight with the cutoffs
yeah agree

6 - Shrug - maybe a tad deeper DoF so his ears aren't fuzzing out?
yeah, main focus was on the eyes for me so the ears didnt bother me but thanks

7 - My Fav - great shot, crop, expression, and inclusion of the lines from the chair behind him.

thanks, i like this & #1 best x

ps. disregard all negative comments because there's really nothing negative about any of these imo, just trying to come up with something
helpful :)

appreciated muchly, thanks for your detailed reply - love it! x

rp1600, yep all with window light, I love the stuff!!
50mm 1.8lens and canon 350D - hopefully soon to magically turn into a 5D!!! xxxx :0)

not critique, but a question: why are all the pictures with them looking away from the camera?

pascal

I think you have done a great job. Children always pose a bit of a challenge. I think the poses are clever and I am always a fan of natural light when available.

not critique, but a question: why are all the pictures with them looking away from the camera?

ooooops!! sorry, didnt even notice when i posted these.. i guess they were some of my faves none the less... do have lots looking at the camera too, but dont want to bore everyone! x
thanks for the comments everyone xx

Most reactions

New Topics

Back