Latest Session - 1yr old Girl

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Gabriella has unbelievably turned a year old. These were some of my favorites from the session I had with her and her parents. C&C would be very much appreciated.

1-
DSC_0014.jpg

2-
DSC_0099sp.jpg

3-
DSC_0122-1.jpg

4-
DSC_0110sp.jpg

5-
DSC_0031.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Nicely composed, good exposure, good expression; really nice image!

2. Very cute, overall well done, but I'd be inclined to do a little burning on the dress just to see if I could bring back some of the detail.

3. Great capture, perfect pose and expression, but for some reason the rock wall behind her head really bothers me. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I don't like it.

4. Nice, perhaps just a little bright on the RH side of her face, perhaps a little dodging there? I think too a front/side light/reflector to provide a bit more illumination and catchlight in the eyes.

5. Nice family group, but not fond of the angle (that however is a purely personal thing) and I think the it needed to be opened up just a little more to avoid the lateral bisection of her right forearm and the cutting off of his fingers. Cropping limbs is fine if it's done boldly and not through joints, but when little bits are missing it tends to look messy.

Overall, some really nice work there. I suspect the family will be well pleased with your efforts.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the critique tirediron. You pointed out some great details that I missed. I wasn't happy with my crop in that last one either - sometimes the 50mm can be a pain, especially in childrens session where the action moves so fast. I will try out the suggestions you made. Thanks again!

I think #1 is adorable and very REAL - something the family will treasure for a long time.
#2 - she's not looking at you, it's kind of an awkward pose
#4 is a little soft and I would have liked for you to have more of her in the frame..just a little.
#5 really cute shot!

Thanks very much for the critique Rowmy. You pointed out some great stuff. I was really mad about #4 being soft. I always end up with several shots that I absolutely love but I did something wrong technically.

C&C per req:

3. Great capture, perfect pose and expression, but for some reason the rock wall behind her head really bothers me. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I don't like it.

~John

Could it be that the upper wall creates a line that cuts the picture?

My favorite is #3. Good job with these. They are very cute.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back