Latest wedding photos feed back apreciated..

jt69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, Folks. I would be what you will consider the new kid on the block. Never the less I submit some of my latest work for some expert eyes to critique away... Thank you for the feedback.

#1.Cheering with sunset
IMG_7050.jpg

#2 From same toast.
IMG_7060.jpg

#3 cooler tones...
IMG_7100.jpg

#4 Let's go B&W.
IMG_7107.jpg

#5 Last kiss...
IMG_7292.jpg

LM

Level pictures look best in frames on the wall.

I'm am not a professional, but as a viewer, I just feel like the B&G are just going to slide out of the picture with the severity of the tilt. Obviously you did it on purpose, so there is some artistic measure in it, but to me it just seems extreme for such sentimental moments.

The first one is awkward to me, with the groom cheering an older man, while the bride is hard to distinguish, off to the side and behind him. I'd cut her out of it completely, or center her more if you cropped it to what we see. Plus... it's really, overly yellow.

I love the contrast you used, again it's just your personal artistic touches that is not my personal style. I think you could have had the same edgy effects without making it so extreme and confusing to look at.

I dig the processing, especially #3.. However, I really don't like the angles.. Having to turn my head to try & understand what you were going for in your composition isn't my cup of tea. A slight tilt is OK in certain shots but anything drastic looks amateur, in my opinion. Again though, great processing!

2 & 4 are my favorites. The over the top processing is kinda cool.

i really like number 3, im a ***** for cold tones.
i agree with the others, too much tilted but if the client likes them, why not?

Thanks guys... Comments really appreciated.

Hmm I see that you're using some OCF on some of these. I think some of the angles of your light source might be a little too far from the camera as the shadows are too harsh and long. My favorite is #3 but I think it's still a little hot - you've lost alot of the details. And yes I agree with too much tilting. IMO there's nothing wrong with tilt shots, I tilt enough to where my subjects don't look like they're about to slide of the frame. Just my style.

Happy shooting.

Hmm I see that you're using some OCF on some of these. I think some of the angles of your light source might be a little too far from the camera as the shadows are too harsh and long. My favorite is #3 but I think it's still a little hot - you've lost alot of the details. And yes I agree with too much tilting. IMO there's nothing wrong with tilt shots, I tilt enough to where my subjects don't look like they're about to slide of the frame. Just my style.

Happy shooting.

Thanks for the reply. Actually it was not an OCF if you are referring to the last shot, the shadow was created from the light of the videographer which was videotaping at the same time. I took the photo just umping up my ISO. This is the first time I tilt this severe was just trying to get some general consensus. Good think I got like 1000 shots in this wed. Any way good feed back thank you.

Wedding dresses, bridesmaids, flowergirls, anything. All really good. I ordered my dress through this same way so I know how nervracking it can be.

Mr. TIM, If you are going to SPAM you SHOULD PROBABLY DO IT SOME WHERE ELSE!!!!

#2 could have been really good, but the tilt is too much and their placement is way too far to viewer's left. I see this a lot, where people forget that if you tild the frame you need to reposition the people. It's right about 45 degrees, which is about the worst, because no matter which way you turn it, it's way tilted. But the real problem is that everybody's eye will reject the fact the people legs are exiting the side of the frame and the base of the frame is empty. You can get away with tilts that extreme, but it helps a lot of visual rejection to reposition them so that their legs are still based in the bottom of the frame, not the side.

Most reactions

Back