Launch P/shop elements 7

George2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had Elements for my birthday.Thought it used to run on Windows 2000-----Says Xp but will it still?
If it fails or runs badly can it be loaded a second time if I get Xp. or is it one of those one shot registered loads?

Elements 7 Will run on any version of windows. That software guideline crap on the back of boxes are never correct. I am running plugins right now in CS4 that I were told absolutely wouldn't work in any version later than CS3. Don't ever listen to what the box says. The point of newer versions of software is to give you a more versatile platform. Most new versions of software share the same compatibility as their older versions, and then some. Elements 5 runs on XP, so will 7.

Thanks! Is the "system" spec also non-mandatory? a bit upmarket for us W2k users.
Regards

Most software will run on underpowered or under capable systems, they just might run very slowly. Sometimes, of course, they are missing some vital .exe commands.

You should be fine. Just be ready for Slooooooooow editing.

Thamks all,
Still wonder is it "single load" software or could it be reloaded to a faster computer sometime?
Ever since Xp just don't know what is tied to one machine or mobile to let you upgrade?

I don't have any of the very latest versions, but all of my software has been loaded to each of the three computers I generally use..

Sorry to be back. No instal possible.
Could it be my w2000 or faulty E7 ?
Took it to a Xp PC and it installed, So it's me.
Any ideas?
What does E7 see in W2000 to reject it?

Elements 7 Will run on any version of windows. That software guideline crap on the back of boxes are never correct. I am running plugins right now in CS4 that I were told absolutely wouldn't work in any version later than CS3. Don't ever listen to what the box says. The point of newer versions of software is to give you a more versatile platform. Most new versions of software share the same compatibility as their older versions, and then some. Elements 5 runs on XP, so will 7.

Most reactions

Back