Launched a Canon A540 on a weather balloon!!!

Cool. "Like" it, too (in FB-lingo)

added some pics to the Facebook page showing some of the payloads and their equipment they'll house. For those new to this forum blog, I launched a weather balloon last year to about 90,000 feet which had a Canon A540 mounted on a payload, which snapped 1,998 pictures over the course of several hours. It was retrieved 16 days later when a farmer found it in his field in North Texas. My next launch is on September 25th, in which I aim to be as far as I am aware, one of the first to launch in the early morning hours to capture photos of North Texas at night/early morning. The goal/objectives are to capture the horizon lines, snap night/skyline pictures of downtown Dallas citylights, and datalog atmospheric conditions onto a computer system, as well as capture digital imagery and HD video. I am also sending up a webcam to film my space man from Intel! A lotta "firsts" in this launch that I am excited about. More can be viewed from the Facebook page for AERIAL PARADE, as well as my website, Welcome to the site of Aerial Parade. Once I recover (hopefully!) both payloads, I will upload the images to this site, as well as others, to share to the world! :) Thanks for your interest!

Here are a few photos from my recovered payload this morning. Launched a high-altitude weather balloon in North Texas at 5:30am, shooting with a Canon A540, Canon A590IS, and Canon A1100IS. Will update website when I can, but it contains more information about the launches. These pics are from the A590IS.
Welcome to the site of Aerial Parade or search me on Facebook (Aerial Parade)!
Enjoy!
IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

forgot to mention that in the top left corner of the first picture is the Moon, not a plane! I got three shots of the moon total, one of which is also with the sun in view rising over the horizon!

Most reactions

Back